Warder's heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a Wheel of Time fan forum. It's purpose is to have people comment the series and make friends.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tairon Faraner
Admin
Tairon Faraner

What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai!   What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:04 am

Oh, I'm not bored at all. My school activities are limited to hosting a concert or two and taking part in poetry challanges. And that's about it. We're supposed to be 'selected students' but there are classmates of mine who usually get drunk and ruin everything. It's nice hearing about you little piece of heaven. Makes me wanna be there. Please, go on. I'll never get tired. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://wardersheaven.forumotion.net
Myralin al'Ser
The Dragon himself in nicer shoes
Myralin al'Ser

PostSubject: Re: What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai!   What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai! - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:05 am

You shouldn't have said that. Now you'll never get me to shut up. And too bad about those kids getting drunk all the time. I guess they ruin our fun all over the world, huh?

Anyways...
I'll tell you about my 3 favorite camp games. They all need medium to large groups of people. The first one is called Mafia. One person is the narrator. They pick one person to be the mafia, one to be the doctor, one to be the police person, and the rest of the people are all townspeople. Nobody except the narrator knows which person is which. The roles can also be drawn from a hat instead of picked by the narrator. Anyway, in each round, everyone in the "town" goes to sleep (closes their eyes). The narrator tells the mafia to "awake" (open their eyes) and the mafia pick someone to save, and goes back to sleep. then the doctor does the same thing, but picks someone to save instead of kill. Then the police does the same thing. they get to accuse one person and they are told by the narrator if that person is the mafia or not. they are the only ones who get to know. Then, everybody wakes up. the narrator tells them who got killed in the "night" and the townspeople accuse people and try to figure out who is the real mafia. The police person can try to convince the others if they know who it is, or the mafia can accuse people falsely. anyway, the townspeople vote one person off each round who they think is the mafia, and they continue until they catch the real mafia. The people who are voted off or killed just watch until the game finishes. It can get pretty crazy, especially if the narrator is especially creative. they can invent town names and places, and have the people die in any way they choose.

The second game is Murder. everyone is in a pitch black room. One person is the murderer. they're chosen randomly by drawing from a hat or whatever so that nobody knows who it is. they walk around in the dark, and slide their finger across peoples' throats to "kill them". if your throat is "slit", you silently crouch down on the floor until someone runs into you. then they yell "Dead body!" and someone runs to turn on the lights. then, the dead person has to sit out, and the rest of the people deliberate to try and figure out who is the murderer (kind of like in Mafia). they can then accuse someone and vote them off. The game continues until the murderer is voted off or they kill all the people. I got to be murderer twice. I killed a total of 7 people. Mwahaha.

The third game isn't as sinister as the first two. It's a little kids game, but it's super fun. It's called Everyone's It. Basically, it's tag, only everyone is "it". everyone has to try to tag as many people as they can. if you're tagged, you have to sit down. when you're down, you have to watch the person who tagged you. when THEY get tagged, you can get back up. ties are settled by rock-paper-scissors. It's a never ending game and the kids love it. also, you don't get too tired out because you are up and down so much and you end up sitting as much as running.

Wow. I wouldn't normally still be talking, but you got me started and said you wouldn't be bored... don't say I didn't warn you... when you get me talking about camp, there's no ending it...

Let's see... what else...

How 'bout the high ropes course? I don't know if you've ever been to one, but for camp we took a mini-trip and went out to a local school forest that had one. If you don't know what it is, it's basically an obstical course about 40 feet in the air. Well, I'm super afraid of heights (my hands are sweating just typing about this) but I knew if I didn't do it, I'd regret it. So I compromised and did half, which was bad enough. You're strapped in with a harness connected to 2 super thick ropes, but it really doesn't feel like anything is supporting you. There were 6 obstacles, and I did 3. the first one were wooden steps. (click here). They were like the ones in the picture, but they didn't have the cables that the girl in the picture is holding onto. I seriously thought I was going to die at that point. The next one was the "vines". (click here). That one wasn't as bad, but still terrifying. the third one was a tightrope, I guess you'd call it. (click here) That was actually the easiest one. Anyway, those are the three I did. I can't remember what other three they had. Then there was a zip line to get down, which was fun, but you basically had to jump off the platform and freefall a few feet before your harness caught you. *shudder*

are you SURE you aren't bored? this camp is DEFINITELY a place you want to come... I'd pay a million dollars for a week there, I seriously would. (And yes, if you want to here more, I can keep talking, otherwise I'll stop).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarvalonforums.net/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofil
Tairon Faraner
Admin
Tairon Faraner

PostSubject: Re: What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai!   What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:34 am

The first two games seem to be like a non-WoT version of Black Ajah&Co. I like them. The trird one...well, I think I can beat you if there's a tie: I'm lucky enough.

High ropes?! I had a few drills with my table tennis team that were very similar...and at times scary. All of the climbing, jumping and rope climbing was done above the river...and early in the morning. It wasn't camping, just a lot of stress in order to prepare for a competition. I loved it when I wasn't about to fall and while I wasn't hanging from a huge rock.

Do tell more...I'm taking notes bounce
Back to top Go down
https://wardersheaven.forumotion.net
Myralin al'Ser
The Dragon himself in nicer shoes
Myralin al'Ser

PostSubject: Re: What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai!   What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:55 am

taking notes? okaaay... what else? (I keep forgetting what I've already said). Oh! Here's a picture of our fort! Click me!

Ok, well for two nights we got to tent camp. We canoed across the lake and hiked a short ways to our campsite every evening and canoed back to the camp for the day. It was really nice, except for the trees blocked the stars, and the boys filled the girls tents with ping pong balls. :tug Ok, um, I waited too long to come and post over here and now I have to go to bed. :tug But I'll come back and write more tomorrow. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarvalonforums.net/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofil
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai!   What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What the forum is about - Happy birthday, Myralin Sedai!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3